Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sudsy Scents

Nothing gets my day started like a rejuvenating shower. There’s absolutely nothing better than having that precious alone time to think while lathering up your favorite scented body wash. The warm water cascading over your body gets your blood pumping and energized for the day ahead.

I tend to come up with some of the best ideas while in the shower, plus it’s the only time I can belt out the Alicia Keys’ feel-good song, “No One,” without my husband begging me to be quiet.

As opposed to bar soaps, shower gels always leave my skin feeling clean and smooth. For some reason, bar soaps tend to make my skin feel dull and dry.

Whatever soaps or gels you use, showers are necessary luxuries that I look forward to every single day and I hope you do too!

Here are a few of my favorite soapy suds:


Victoria's Secret Secret Garden Shower & Bath Washes available at www.victoriassecret.com 5 for $30


Philosophy Pomegranate Shower & Bath Gelee available at www.sephora.com for $20


Bath & Body Works Apple Shower Gel available at www.bathandbodyworks.com for $9.50


Suave Cucumber Melon Shower Gel available at www.drugstore.com or nationwide drugstores for $1.99 to $2.99 (depending on store and location) I buy mine from Target for $1.99, but they retail for $2.99 at Duane Reade in NYC.


Dove Body Wash Cream Oil Cherry Blossom & Almond Scent available at www.drugstore.com or drugstores nationwide for $7.59


Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Body Wash available at www.carolsdaughter.com or www.sephora.com for $13.50


Suave Cocoa & Shea Butter Shower Gel available at www.drugstore.com or nationwide drugstores for $1.99 to $2.99 (depending on store and location) I buy mine from Target for $1.99, but they retail for $2.99 at Duane Reade in NYC.

14 comments:

Kwana said...

I'm a huge bubble girl, but for me it's all about the bath. You can usally find me on any given night at 11:30 soaking. It's the best once the kids are down and you're just happy to have made it though the day.

K-Bear said...

BGG, I love all shower gels. I happen to love the cucumber melon scent but I'll take any of them. My most recent pick is by Neutrogena. It's some kind of a citrus scent and it's fabulous and I top it off with the body butter cream...delightful!

Anonymous said...

Do these leave you feeling clean and fresh like bar soap? Because I find sometimes that I just don't get that sqeauky clean feeling unless I use a bar soap. I usually just do both if I want to be scented.


BGG - what's the best one for a lingering scent? I find that my skin doesn't take the scent in and I have tried so many - Lush, BBW, Origins, you name it!

AZ

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

@AZ - I added a line to the write-up addressing my dislike of bar soaps. I don't know what it is about them, but they just don't make my skin feel clean. Maybe because they don't lather well like the gels and washes. The only soap that I will use is Dove because it actually makes my skin feel soft and supple.

For a long-lasting scent...I will sometimes spray on some body splash in the same scent to create a sweet scent that will last for hours. :-)

Anonymous said...

my favorite is euphoria by calvin klein. and def dove soap for the face.

Anonymous said...

I love The Body Shop's Papaya Bath & Shower Gel. I pair it with the Papaya Body Butter. Yum! It's my favorite scent.

My favorites for baths are Michael Kors Ocean Bath soak and Lush's Sex Bomb.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I have yet to try Lush, but maybe now I will since I keep hearing such great things about it.

nilla cookie said...

My favorite as of late is definitely Dove Cream Oil! It's got a wonderful texture, lathers nicely, smells good, AND leaves my skin feeling oh-so-soft!

Ananda said...

oh my goodness. i didn't know suave made a cocoa butter shower gel. cvs here i come at lunch time. thank you. i love shower gels. they make me feel so fresh and so clean....

Toneahh said...

I too am a shower gel girl. Right now I am loving Philosophy's Raspberry Sorbet. It just smells so good. Their body cream is really nice too.

Anonymous said...

I think I will purchase the Almond shower gel this weekend!

MSJNT said...

I love the Sauve Coco Butter and Shea. I use to be into B&B but I feel out of love. Now I am into Caress, Tone, and Sauve...Can't wait for the Johnson&Johnson Baby oil Body wash. Keep it sudsy!!

L. Renee' said...

This is a very cool blog. It satisfies my addiction to glossy magazines. LOL
Right now for the spring I am in love with B&Bw's Cherry Blossom. It is very light and sweet. When the summer rolls around I am all about Coconut lime. It reminds me of the beach and margaritas by the pool.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

@Renee -- thank you!! I try to make BGG like a magazine that I'd enjoy. I"m glad you stopped by. :-)