I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week! Where did the year go? While I'm truly thankful for the many blessings that I've received in addition to the most important (health, family, a job, and shelter) this year, I also thought of a light-hearted list of a few things that we BGs should also be thankful for in 2011.
Here's the list in no particular order:
1. Beyonce showing the world that she's pregnant on the MTV Awards. Thanks to the Queen Bee, we didn't have to suffer through all of the endless speculation of "is she" or "isn't she?" But, apparently a some people STILL couldn't believe that the bootylicious star was bearing a child.
2. Reed Between the Lines airing on BET. We all have our favorite girlfriend back on the air! Plus, it's a positive show that shows that we have successful careers, loving spouses and families just like everybody else.
3. Carol's Daughter launch of Chocolat Smoothing System. When it comes to products for us curly, coily, kinky and even chemically-straightened hair, Carol's Daughter reigns supreme. The new Chocolat system effortlessly tames frizzies for when we want to flaunt a sleek style.
4. Queen Latifah's clothing launch. We all know that the actress/singer/rapper is the Queen of all trades, but we're so happy that she's adding fashion to her burgeoning repertoire. From a size 2 to a 24, Latifah's line accommodates women of most sizes.
5. Oprah's Lifeclass. I don't know about you, but I was glued to the tube every night to learn a lesson from the former talk show host. Each of the shows were so enlightening and inspiring that I even watched most of them live (I hardly ever watch shows that aren't DVR'd)! I am counting down the days for its return in the spring.
What in pop culture, beauty or fashion are you thankful for this year?