Monday, August 23, 2010

Scarlet Fever

Wearing red lipstick isn't for the faint of heart. It takes guts and confidence to pull off the timeless, sexy shade.

Until recently, I had shied away from painting my pucker red out of fear of looking clownish or not finding the perfect hue, but Beyonce's new red Infallible Never Fail Lip Colour by L'Oreal changed my mind.

Packaged in a super cute mirrored-compact, the product consists of a red base coat and vitamin E balm-based top coat. Unlike many other lipsticks, this long-wear lip color doesn't smear or smudge thanks to the patented top coat that keeps the pigment in place for hours.

The bright red definitely stands out, but isn't that what wearing the eye-catching color is all about? Plus, the felt applicator allows you to put on the base coat smoothly with precision.



Would you ever consider wearing crimson-colored lips?

5 comments:

Rebee said...

I don't think red lipstick would look good on me. I tend to stay closer to the burgundy hues.

kitty vodka said...

i was told i look like a clown

Bailey said...

I will definitely give red lipstick a try once I find a great shade that works well for me.

Anonymous said...

i would try it.

T said...

I just saw this in Essence. I don't think I can do it. I'm so scared I'm going to have lip crust. LOL!