Monday, July 9, 2012

Beat Balmy Weather Makeup Woes

With temps reaching triple digits, it's easy to have a makeup meltdown. But with the help of a few beauty basics, you'll be able to beat balmy weather makeup woes.

From combatting oily skin to runny liners, the following products will keep your face fresh and flawless. 

Check them out: 

These all-natural, oil-absorbing sheets are a must-have for those who suffer from shiny skin syndrome during the summer. Ideal for on-the-go, they won't alter makeup and will fit perfectly into compact purses and clutches. Tatcha Evening Aburatorigami Sheets (40 count) available here, $15


Forget gooey glosses and stick with a stay-in-place lippy for a polished look. Maybelline 14-Hour Lipstick available here, $8.49

Spritz on a a few squirts of this finishing spray and your makeup will stay marvelous and melt-proof. Skindinavia Finishing Spray available here, $30


Don't let runny liners leave you looking like a raccoon. Lock down your peepers with a smudge-free formula like Revlon's ColorStay Eyeliner available here, $7

What's your summer beauty routine? One lucky reader will win the Tatcha Evening Aburatorigami Sheets (40 count).  Simply leave a comment or Tweet this post and the winner will be randomly selected and announced on Friday. 

**The winner of the Mixed Chicks prize pack is Live Love Natural Beauty! Congrats, please email me your mailing address by Monday, July 16th.

4 comments:

Bailey said...

I keep it very light during summer. Tinted moisturizer w/SPF, gloss & a touch of mascara. Sometimes to make it even lighter & faster, I skip on my beloved mascara.

Sherita said...

I don't wear much makeup during the summer. It's just too hot down here in the South.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Ironically, I haven't been wearing less makeup this summer. In fact, I've been experimenting with a lot of colors!

@Bailey - I need to skip on something!!

@Sherita - Maybe next week I'll cut back on my makeup but lately I've been wearing more than usual! LOL

Ricky Smith said...

Sound good.

clairol virtual makeover
online virtual makeover