Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Summer Beauty Basics

Even though the mercury's been rising consistently for several weeks now, summer doesn't officially start until next week. So in order to endure the balmy season, you'll need to have a few few basic summer beauty essentials.

For me, that includes the following:

Bold nail polish is my absolute favorite accessory during the summer. A pop of color adds a bit of whimsy to any ensemble. Essie always has a wide variety of eye-catching colors ideal for summer.


Instead of blotting, using a mattifying spritz like Skindinavia's No More Shine is a refreshing alternative for tackling oily skin.


My new obsession has been the combination of a gloss and balm like Topshop's Gloss Stick. It's not too sticky, but gives just the right amount of shine.


We all know the importance of sunscreen, but unfortunately not enough of us actually use products that protect our skin from the sun's rays. When I recently ran out of my tried-and-true Olay, I decided to give Aveeno's Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream with SPF a try and I've been pleased with the results.


Nothing says summer like beautifully bronzed skin. Iman's Afterglow Bronzer does the trick. The mix of pinks and gold makes your skin look sun-kissed.

What are your beauty must-haves of the season?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything Aveeno is a must have!!

T said...

All things hygiene. I keep travel size deodorant and powder in my purse at all times. It gets sticky in Chicago.

Bailey said...

I really like Clean & Clear's pore minimizing moisturizer with SPF in it. Gotta have the sunscreen!

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

@Anon - You know I LOVE Aveeno!

@T - Yes, it get sticky in Chicago and especially on the subway platforms here. Keeping a travel size deodorant is super smart.

@Shawnta - I need a pore minimizer. I'm gonna have to check that out!

domain registration india said...

One question for you. What are some beauty things u'll need to survive summer?