Thursday, June 9, 2011

Taking it to the Max!

Wearing long skirts has never been my thing. However, after seeing how lovely my BFF, Azeeza, looked donning a Zara maxi during her recent trip to Italy, I've refocused my fashion lens. Paired with a fitted tank or flowy blouse, maxi skirts can look polished and chic, yet still summery and laid-back.

While I admire the stylish, floor-skimming skirts on others, I'm still "skirting" around the idea of rocking this sure-to-be sizzling trend.


Azeeza wearing a Zara skirt, DVF top, Furla handbag, and Urban Outfitters sandals during her visit to Italy.


Check out this cool mix of maxis:


Free People Ruffle Maxi available at www.macys.com for $88


Asos Chiffon Maxi available at www.asos.com for $60.34


Elizabeth and James Flared Skirt available at www.saks.com for $265


Ella Moss Cali Chevron Maxi available at www.nordstrom.com for $138


Eternal Sunshine Creations Maxi available at www.revolveclothing.com for $149


Gamboling Maxi available at www.anthropologie.com for $228


Jasmine Blue Lable Ralph Lauren Maxi available at www.ralphlauren.com for $169


Maxi Prairie Skirt available at www.forever21.com for $22.80


Jasmine Silk Skirt available at www.ralphlauren.com for $169


Weekend Max Mara Faiti Ikat Maxi available at www.saks.com for $205


Tibi Silk Maxi available at www.saks.com for $297


Melissa Odabash Hannah Split-Leg Maxi available at www.theoutnet.com for $70

Are you a fan of maxi skirts?

8 comments:

Sherita said...

These seem to be making a circle. I have one that I got from Express a few years ago. I guess I'll have to bring it back out.

Anonymous said...

I love maxi skirts.. I don't have to cross my legs. And for a girl who is preggo and also thick thighed, THIS matters! ;)

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

@Sunny - congratulations! :-)

Anonymous said...

i might try one for the summer.

always4evamoi said...

wow...these are making a comeback??? i guess i should have kept the one i has years ago lol j/k...

Nerd Girl said...

Love them! I am not a fan of my chicken legs and am grateful for fashions that allow me to keep 'em covered up.

T said...

I was in NYC this weekend and saw this style everywhere. I used to wear this in high school a lot, so it shouldn't be that big of a stretch. The only thing is that it's hot as death in Chicago in the summer, so I try not to wear that much fabric anywhere. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I like maxi skirts. All skirts are looking different and good.
Buy Domain