Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Review: Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Line

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of trying out the shampoo, conditioner and repairing mask from the new Carol’s Daughter Monoi Reparing line. I was excited about the Monoi line because of the unique ingredients each item contained. Monoi oil, coconut cleansers, hibiscus extract, and bamboo water are just a few of the natural ingredients used to help undo and prevent future damage.

Although I only shampoo my hair about once a month due to the excessive drying ingredients found in most shampoos, I was pleasantly surprised with the Monoi Repairing Shampoo. It’s sulfate-free, which made my 4B natural strands very happy. This shampoo not only smells good but my hair didn’t feel dry and brittle after my first use.

The one thing I noticed most about the Monoi Repairing Conditioner was its ability to moderately detangle and moisturize my hair. I wouldn’t necessarily purchase or use this particular conditioner on its own, but it does work well in conjunction with the Monoi Repairing Shampoo.

Lastly, I really enjoyed applying the Monoi Repairing Mask. Used as a deep conditioning treatment, this mask is very buttery, thick and smooth with a light floral scent. The mask claims to put back your hair’s natural softness and conditions for better manageability. I kept the mask on my hair for about 10 minutes before rinsing out. So, did I notice a difference? Unfortunately, I think it’s too soon to tell. I will need to deep condition more often to see if the claims hold true.


Invincible Hair Set (includes, Monoi Repairing Shampoo 8.5 fl oz., Monoi Repairing Conditioner 8.5 fl oz., and Monoi Repairing Hair Mask 7 oz.) available at www.carolsdaughter.com for $67

So what’s the verdict? Overall, I do like many of the products in the Monoi Repairing line. However, if I was to actually purchase any of these products, my money would definitely go to the Monoi Repairing Shampoo.

Will you be trying the Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing hair care line?
Submitted by Khadijah C.

2 comments:

Sherita said...

I've thought about trying this but I'm not sure that I actually will.

muebles en barcelona said...

Thanks for your article, pretty useful piece of writing.