Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Feeling Knotty?

From necklaces to dresses, knots seem to be everywhere this season. This tied-up trend adds an eye-catching twist to otherwise ordinary jewelry, while creating a stylish, gathered look with garments. Also, don't forget your feet; even shoes are getting in on some of the twisted action!

Will there be knots landing in your closet or jewelry box this spring/summer?

Check out some of these items:


Banana Republic Monogram Printed Knot Blouse available at www.bananarepublic.com for $95


Urban Outfitters Metal Knot Necklace available at www.urbanoutfitters.com for $78


Knotted Blouson Tee available at www.maxstudio.com for $78


Brita Knot Dress by Velvet available at www.tobi.com for $152


Kimchi Blue Knotted Suede Sandal available at www.urbanoutfitters.com for $38


Knot Earrings available at www.esty.com/ericaweiner for $30


Moa Moa Knot Top available at www.dillards.com for $29


Metal Knot Earrings available at www.urbanoutfitters.com for $28


Calvin Klein "Solaine" Sandal available at www.macys.com for $140

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those CK sandals are hot! Love the knotted look, especially in blouses.

D'Rimba said...

Everything here so glamor.......

B said...

I didn't know that knots were so prevalent! I loooove that dress and those sandals.

mimieyes said...

Good observation. I love the Moa Moa top a looks perfect to wear with jeans.

Tamar said...

I love those sandals as well.

Blair said...

I love those Erica Weiner earrings. So cute and hand-made! yay Etsy!

Unknown said...

I loooove that Brita dress and Urban Outfitters necklace!

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

@B - Those glasses in your pic are TOOOO cute!! So Hollywood chic!

CC said...

Subtle knots are extremely gorg! The first shirt hits the nail on the head.

Diva's Thoughts said...

Oh I love that Urban Outfitters Metal Knot Necklace and the Calvin Klien sandals!!!

kitty vodka said...

love the ck shoes. very chic.

antithesis said...

cant say that im feelin the knots.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

@Antithesis - And why "knot!?" ahahahaha

Just kidding, knots are not for everyone I guess! :-)

MeMe said...

I have a few items w/ knots already. I didn't really notice that I guess I like that style until I read your post.

T said...

I was just about to type how I'm not jumping on the know bandwagon at all. Then I saw the Brita Knot dress and realized I have more than one shirt that looks JUST LIKE that dress. Hilarious. I guess I'm pretty trendy afterall. LOL!

K-Bear said...

Knots have already landed in my closet. I love them because I tend to like solids versus patterns so it adds a little something without taking me out of my comfort zone! I'm not sure I want knots on my feet though, I'm not trying to draw attention to my dogs! ahahahaa

Third Eye Watching said...

You know, if I wore items you posted here, I'd be checking this out before I go shopping.

Kwana said...

Love those sandals and that red dress. Great post!

lymariposa said...

I'm loving this trend, everything looks great!