If you're planning a big night out or have a special celebration coming up, I suggest getting a pair of false eye lashes to play up your look. I know some of you might be afraid of looking overdone or too made-up, but the truth is that false lashes can instantly add glamour and drama without looking over-the-top in appropriate situations.
Plus, they make your eyes look extra gorgeous in photos. I've worn false lashes on several occasions and have been pleased with the results. Mascara does wonders for lashes, but false ones take beautiful eyes one step further. Whatever you do, don't wear them on an ordinary trip to the grocery store, then you may run the risk of looking ridiculous!
Revlon Fantasy Length False Lashes available at drugstores nationwide for $6.99
Here are 10-easy steps toward creating enviable eyes with false lashes:
1. Apply mascara to your lashes as you normally would
2. Carefully peel lashes off of the holder base
3. Place them on your eyes to see how they look and map out placement. You should match the outer edge ends with your own outer eye corner. If there is any extra at the tip of you inner eye, snip it off
4. Apply eyeliner as you normally would
5. Squirt a small dot of glue on any disposable hard flat surface
6. Graze the inner top base of the eyelash over the glue; holding the lashes by the tips, use a very light hand because the glue will stick easily and you want a thin layer. Less is more.
7. Next, place the lashes on lash line, try to go as close to your lash line as possible (always start outer corner of eyes and work your way in)
8. Close your eye and pat the lash in place
9. Apply liquid liner on any areas that have white glue or glue showing
10. Mascara is not necessary, as you’ve already attained the dramatic look, but feel free if you want to blend them in a bit.
This list may seem like a lot of steps, but after the first time you apply them, it will become a breeze! :-)
Would you ever wear false eye lashes?
**Two lucky readers will win her own pair of Revlon Lashes. Just leave a comment and the winners will be selected randomly. Please be sure to check back tomorrow to see if you're a winner!