Monday, April 30, 2012

Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Celebrate 4th Wedding Anniversary

With so many Hollywood couples splitting in the news, it's refreshing when we hear of those staying together and making it work. Superstar singer Mariah Carey and entertainer Nick Cannon are proving that celebrity marriages can last longer than 72 days (er, Kim Kardashian) by celebrating their 4th wedding anniversary today.

Through sickness and health, the proud parents of twins Moroccan and Monroe renewed their vows and celebrated their union in Paris this weekend.

In an interview, Cannon shared his thoughts on love, "dembabies," and being the inspiration behind Carey's fragrance, Forever.

This photo was taken on Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon's honeymoon in 2008. 

Check it out below:

Nick on how he felt the first time he met Mariah… 
"I presented her with an award at the Kid’s Choice Awards. I was so nervous but decided to take my chances and give her a kiss on the cheek! I had to have that kiss."

How Nick knew Mariah would be his forever love… 
"Mariah is a beautiful and talented person, and I’ve had a crush on her for as long as I can remember. Every day, my respect for Mariah continues to grow higher. She’s a caring, warm and funny person. People have no idea how funny she is! I feel like I’ve always known she was my forever love."

Nick on what it takes to be forever… 
"Nobody can predict the future. You just have to give your all to the relationship you’re in and do your best to take care of your partner, communicate and give them every last drop of love you have. I think one of the most important things in a relationship is caring for your significant other through good times and bad. To celebrate our lasting love, Mariah and I get married each year on our anniversary."

Nick on forever love… 
"To me a forever love is a bond that can’t be broken. It’s like my love for “dembabies” and Mariah. You go through difficult times, but as long as you hang on to the beautiful things, it’s great – even when it’s rough, it’s real."

Nick on being the inspiration behind Mariah’s fragrance, Forever… 
"It’s incredible. Who could really imagine somebody dedicating a fragrance for your love? I was pretty much in awe. I’ve learned a lot watching Mariah create such successful fragrances. Every time Mariah wears “Forever”, it takes me back to the passion and excitement of when we first fell in love."

Who's your favorite celebrity couple? 

1 comment:

Don said...

Nick and Mariah appear to be in love, still. Which is awesome.

I don't really have a fave celebrity couple - would love to be in Jay Z's shoes though. Beyonce, extremely beautiful woman.