Monday, April 2, 2012

Sponsored - Aveeno's Beautiful Change Challenge Part 2


We've all seen those tabloid spreads, "Stars Without Makeup," but unlike some who scrutinize and ridicule celebrities who are caught out there without their "game face," I find it empowering. When these women step out in the midst of paparazzi without a stitch of makeup I think it shows that they're secure in their own skin, which is admirable. OK, some of them may not exactly intend to be plastered on the cover of these publications, but they still walked outside their homes without the help of a glam squad.


As women we all have days when we'd rather skip our beauty routines and brave the world bare-faced or throw on a baseball cap to cover our unpresentable strands. But, many of us have to take baby steps, namely me!  Once I decided to take part in this Aveeno challenge, I reflected on my daily beauty routine and recognized that I spend an unnecessarily long time getting ready.

In an effort to simplify, switch, and speed up my morning beautifying routine, I decided to give my hair a break and opt for a one-sided braid. It's super easy to do and it's a refreshing change from my usual topknot or two-strand twists. I've also simplified my daily makeup application. For a few weeks I've been using tinted moisturizers with SPF 30 instead of concealers or foundation. Admittedly, I can only do this because I'm not currently suffering from any discolorations or hyper-pigmentation.


Me wearing a side-bun and braid. 

New AVEENO® PURE RENEWAL™ lets you renew your hair to its naturally balanced state daily. Unlike ordinary shampoos, these sulphate-free formulas have Balancing Seaweed Extract; bringing hair back to its naturally healthy, most balanced state with each wash, for beautifully healthy-looking hair. Learn more here http://bit.ly/A1cjWg

“Disclosure: Compensation was provided by AVEENO® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of AVEENO®”

2 comments:

Sherita said...

It takes me about 30 mins, which isn't long. I suffer from hyperpigmentation in some areas. However, i still have not truly mastered how to cover it.

Steel Heels said...

First, I'm sorry but the pics I've seen of celebs with no makeup are actually pics of them with the bare basic make-up vs what they usually wear! I'm not crazy..I know false eyelashes eyeliner and gloss when I see it! As for you, you look so pretty and natural. When I go bare, it's not pretty but it's liberating!!