Monday, April 23, 2012

Sponsored - Aveeno's Beautiful Change Challenge: Part 5


Working out isn't something that comes naturally for me. While some people get an adrenaline rush and enjoying sweating it out, I don't. It takes a lot of coaxing from my husband to get me off the couch and actually get active.

But once I do get moving, I find that my go-to exercise usually involves working out my legs. I don't have excessively flabby thighs or calves, but in the spring and summer months toning is a must in order for me to confidently sport shorts, skirts, and flirty dresses.

Despite not being a die-hard work-out kind of person, the stationary bike is typically my exercise machine of choice. But, in and effort to switch things up for the Aveeno Beautiful Change Challenge, I've recently been running up several flights of stairs in my apartment to get killer gams.


So far, I've noticed that my legs look a little more muscular and I tend to have more stamina since I started using the stairwell. Also, after my workouts I make sure to let my body cool down before taking a lukewarm shower to maintain healthy hair and skin. We all know that showering too soon in excessively cold water can be a shock to the system.
New AVEENO® PURE RENEWAL™ lets you renew your hair to its naturally balanced state daily. Unlike ordinary shampoos, these sulphate-free formulas have Balancing Seaweed Extract; bringing hair back to its naturally healthy, most balanced state with each wash, for beautifully healthy-looking hair. Learn more here http://bit.ly/A1cjWg

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by AVEENO® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of AVEENO®”
 How do you switch up your workout routines?

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Ahh.. switch up workout would require working out! Which I don't even do... I guess this is my call to action to get up and do it if so many ladies are out there conquering their fitness goals. Thanks BGG - I will check back in once I get off my cozy computer chair and into the wild (i.e. the gym!) :)

LifenotesEncouragement said...

I workout so I know its good to switch up.
For months at a time, the treadmill may be my go-to machine and then I'll get tired of it and switch to the elliptical. I'll incorporate weights for variety and sometimes try different polymetric exercises.
One summer I did insanity; sometimes I use exercise DVDs. I've gone hiking to change the monotony. The point is switch it up to see changes in your body and have fun doing it.

Steel Heels said...

I'm ashamed to say that switching it up for me would be doing anything. When I was working out I preferred the treadmil simply because I could listen to my music and literally watch the day's calories be burned off! I would alternate walking with Zumba!

Steel Heels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brown Girl Gumbo said...

@Barbara - Let this be your call to action. We all need to be more active in order to lead a healthy lifestyle! Good luck getting off of your cozy computer chair! :-)

@Nylse - Wow, it sounds like you're a work-out pro! I've never been hiking, but it's on my bucket list! LOL

@Ladybug - I've heard a lot about Zumba, but I still haven't tried it.