Thursday, January 3, 2008
A New Year, A New YOU!
Don't you just love the beginning of a new year? Despite the usual wickedly frigid air, the first week in January always makes me feel refreshed, optimistic and energized. I can't say that this eurphoric feeling lasts past the first 7 carefree days, but this year I'm going to try my best to keep my positive vibe buzzing as long as possible.
I'm not going to simply write or say what I want to accomplish this year, I'm going to put forth an infinite amount of effort into bringing my goals to fruition. I know that it's easier said than done, but like the cliche says, "if you put your mind to it, you can do anything." Failure is definitely not an option.
I have several personal, as well as professional goals that I need to make happen within the next 12 months. I realize that the only person who's stopping me from successfully achieving them is me.
I encourage you to stick to your resolutions this year and become a better you!! We're only on the third day of the year, so we have a long way to go!
Here are a few tips to help you stay on your resolutions' wagon:
1. Choose an obtainable goal
2. Get specific about what time, when and where you're going to carry out your goals (i.e exercising)
3. Don't choose a goal that you fail over and over again each year
4. Ask friends and family to help you stay on track
5. Keep a journal (if you missed my posting on cute journals, check out entry: "Take Note")