Monday, October 6, 2008

Marvelous Masks

With the economy in a slump, heading to the spa for a facial is more of a luxury than ever. Lucky for us penny-pinchers, you can do most facial treatments at home. Masks are an easy and cost-effective way to pamper yourself in the comfort of your own bathroom!

There are myriad masks on the market ranging from deep cleansing to pore refining. Some peel off and some wash away with water. No matter what kind of mask your skin calls for, in the end they all leave our faces feeling fresh and clean!

Do you use at-home masks? Have you ever made a homemade mask?

Check out some of these:


DermaDoctor Ain't Misbehavin' Intensive Skin-Correcting Sulfur Mask with Phytosphingosine available at www.sephora.com for $45
*This one is my favorite because you can use it as a spot treatment for pimples too!


Say Yes to Carrots Exfoliating & Soothing Mask available at www.drugstore.com for $11.24


Dollface Bees Kiss Soft & Bright Mask available at www.folica.com for $45


Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask available at www.blissworld.com for $52


Alba Hawaiian Facial Mask Papaya Enzyme available at www.drugstore.com for $9.59


Burt's Bees Pore-Refining Mask available at www.drugstore.com for $8.19


Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask available at www.sephora.com for $85


Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Masque available at www.sephora.com for $45


Sephora Face Peel-Off Purifying Mask available at www.sephora.com for $12


Biore Self-Heating Mask available at www.drugstore.com for $7.49

26 comments:

beautylogicblog said...

Wow, I just realize I have a serious mask addiction. I've used all of those! lol

Phyllis Bourne said...

I've used the Biore self-heating mask. It's awesome!

Love your list. Going to try the Burt Bee's and Fresh masks next.

Darius T. Williams said...

Is it save to say that I get excited coming here? You inspired me to pick up some exfoliating face stuff - I use it daily - it has this tingle effect that make my nipples hard - I love it. AND now, I'm going to have to get a mask. I have no idea what it does but I think I need one. LOL

B said...

I haven't been to the spa in quite awhile. *sigh* I love that Bliss mask and the Peter Thomas Roth one looks intriquing so I may check that out the next time I'm in good ole' Sephora. Happy Monday, BGG!

Anonymous said...

I use St. Ives mask almost every sunday to help keep my face clean, but the other masks you suggested are great!

K-Bear said...

BGG, I used to love using masks, however, I've given up on them. They all feel great initially but don't seem to have a long lasting affect. Seeing your pics does tempt me to try something new.

Calming Corners said...

I've used the Biore. I do love masks and yes I agree the facials have been put on hold!

antithesis said...

masks are great. i havent used any of the ones u listed tho. i usually do homemade ones: honey, aspirin, or baking soda. or i'll just use queen helene's apricot mask.

Kwana said...

I love at home masks. They're so much fun. Thanks for these new ones.

Wes said...

I don't use masks often... But I guess I should start being more consistent w/ them since I'm not getting any younger... lol

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

i use a mask from my spa...*forgot the name of it* but i've never made one. i think i'd be scared to

Unknown said...

girlfriend you read my mind on this one! i was thinking about doing a post on this since on friday i just bought a mask from bliss...not the Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask...but the deep cleansing one! And i was contemplating buying the triple oxygen mask! wow. what a coincidence. i was also going to ask if anyone has been to bliss spa in NYC as i'm thinking of heading there at the end of the month when i'm in town - i've never gottan a pro facial before.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

finally i can contribute
I use a mint and menthol mask, best for men who shave yeaa

Product Junkie Diva said...

I love masks so I own plenty of them. I made a mask in the past that consisted of oatmeal, honey lemon juice and I think that was it..it was ok.
PJD

Anonymous said...

ive never used one but now i cant wait to try!

Nicole Rogers said...

I've been to the bliss spa here is Chicago and I loved every minute of it. Home facials are fine but I'd miss a cable bill or 2 for a good spa facial!lol

Anonymous said...

A perfect way to clean your face after the Summer my favorite is Alba papaya.

Anonymous said...

my wife use that stuff every night

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

@Darius - You're so sweet!! :-) Masks really work wonders for me at least!

Soul Natural said...

I don't use any masks, but I have to turn my friends onto your list!

T said...

I do use an at home mask. Times are rough for getting a professional facial.

I've never made one though. If I'm cookin' somethin' up in the kitchen, I'm eating it. LOL!

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

@Kay - I haven't gone to Bliss here in NYC, but I've been dying to go! I love their products though!

Mrs. M. said...

I was JUST thinking about how I need to do a facial and was wondering what I should use-so ironic! Your suggestions will definetely come in handy.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to try the Burt's Bees Pore Refining Mask. Thanks for the post.

lymariposa said...

I rarely use masks cause i'm lazy and don't want to take the time, but that cucumber gel masque looks interesting.

Anonymous said...

This post just reminded me of the easiest home mask I've ever used: plain organic yogurt. I havent used it in a while, but I remembered it "drawing" as it dried. I remembered my face feeling soft after I washed it off.