Monday, October 20, 2008

Sensational Stains

Many of us BGs are powder blush and bronzer babes, but cheek stains are a great alternative! For the past two years I've been a huge fan of Tarte's gel-based cheek stain in Flush. It goes on sheer which gives just the right amount of color without looking too overdone. The barely-there tint is ideal for a more natural glow. Plus, it prevents the beauty faux-pas of applying too much with a brush (I apply mine with my fingertips). Don't be afraid of the color it appears to be in the bottle, play around and find the color that suits you best!

Do you use cheek stains? Would you?


Tarte Cheek Stain available at www.sephora.com for $28


Stila Convertible Lip & Cheek Stain available at www.beauty.com for $24


Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel available at www.target.com for $20


The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain available at www.thebodyshop.com for $14


Benefit Cheek Stain available at www.sephora.com for $28


Sephora Lush Flush Wine Lip & Cheek Stain available at www.sephora.com for $10


JK Jemma Kidd Blush Makeup Concentrate in Masquerade available at www.target.com for $17


The Balm Stainiac for Cheeks and Lips available at www.dillards.com for $14

26 comments:

Amina said...

i need to try tarte flush!! Everyone is raving about it!
I've had great experience with Stila convertible color and the color push ups...i loove orchid!!

however with benetint, not so much..i could barely see the color..i just used it on the lips..

i even tried MARK and pff...it was a waste of money

Unknown said...

i haven't tried stained because i have this notion that it'll just clog my pores - but maybe i should give it a try...i have heard some good things about that tarte product...

Phyllis Bourne said...

I love the idea of a stain, but they never look right on me.

I dunno? Maybe I'm not applying them correctly????

B said...

I still haven't gotten hip to that Tarte stain but now that the weather is getting cooler, I think I'll give it a try. OMG, that Stila convertible color in Poppy is amazing! I really love that stuff.

Tracy said...

I've always wanted to try stains especially for the lips. Great post. :)

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Oops, I meant the Tarte that I use is Tickled! :-)

antithesis said...

not sure if the stains are for me but i do love a nice bronzer.

Kwana said...

I've never tried cheek stains but I'd love to give them a go. Thanks for this post.

Anonymous said...

Love the idea. In the winter I get quite pale.
Looking forward to my new red cheeks.

T said...

This is a great idea. I haven't tried it, but I would. Thanks for keeping us up to date on all the hot beauty products!

Anonymous said...

Never tried cheek stains. I may give them a try. Thanks for the post.

K-Bear said...

Unfortunately, I can't wear cheek stains aka blush! My fat baby cheeks are the last thing I want to highlight. I do like the look on others though!

lymariposa said...

I've never tried stains but they do look interesting. I'm always nervous about gels and creams because i think it's just going to look like a have a big circle on the side of my face.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

Flush - gonna use that for the name of my next short story

Anonymous said...

I never used cheek stains before? Are they better than blush? I've heard about Tarte's cheek stains, so I would try that.

MakeupByRenRen said...

tarte cheek stain has been on my list for the longest time!

beautylogicblog said...

I love cheek stains especially the tarte!

CHA CHA said...

I haev never tried the stain color lip...I think I might like it though. My complaint is that my gloss never stays, so this may be my solution..=)

Anonymous said...

cute...i know rita is a fan.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

@PCD - Hey!! I miss your blog! But I'll be patient and wait until February. :-)

@Antithesis - Glad to see you're back! :-)

bored_eats said...

i LOVE the Body Shop!!!

Unknown said...

Smashbox O-Glow is awesome! Love it!

Soul Natural said...

BGG i'm Soul Natural all day! I love your blog keep it up!

Anonymous said...

BGG,you always make me spend my money on new things and I love it!

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to try a stain. Thanks for the list. =)

yummy411 said...

tarte- LOVE!