Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Timeless Turtleneck Dresses!

As I’ve said many times, I absolutely love the fall for one thing – the fashions. To me, it just isn’t the fall until I slip on a cute and cozy turtleneck dress! This classic item is easy to wear and is extremely versatile. Not only are these dresses comfortable, but are also the perfect backdrops for jewelry and accessories. For a sexy mod-inspired look, pair with tall boots or toss on tights to create a sophisticated chic style on those super chilly days. Plus, they can be worn at work and easily transformed for nights. Either way, a turtleneck dress is a key piece to have during the fall/winter months!

Do you own a turtleneck dress? If not, would you buy one this season for the right price?


Lorrae Turtleneck Sweater Dress available at www.forever21.com for $32.80


Turtleneck Sweater Dress available at www.victoriassecret.com for $78


Fashionista Brown Jersey Belted "Sandy" Turtleneck Dress available at www.bluefly.com at $109


Adriana Papel Knit Turtleneck Dress available at www.nordstrom.com for $158


Cotton & Cashmere Turtleneck Dress available at www.victoriassecret.com for $78


Interlock Turtleneck Tent Dress available at www.americanapparel.com for $40


La Made T-Shirt Turtleneck Dress available at www.revolveclothing.com for $61


Petunia Turtleneck Dress available at www.edressme.com for $172


Jones New York Turtleneck Dress available at www.bloomingdales.com for $130


Women's Turtleneck Sweater Dress available at www.oldnavy.com for $34.50

**The winner for the Rx for Brown Skin products is Dominican Enigma!! Congrats!!

25 comments:

antithesis said...

i have a sweater dress but it isnt turtleneck. i might snag one for the low...

beautylogicblog said...

oh my god! I love the VS Cotton & Cashmere. Snagging it now!

Phyllis Bourne said...

Very pretty, but when I wear turtlenecks I end up tugging at the neck all day.

B said...

I'm wearing a turtle neck dress now and yes I'm in Florida. LOL, I don't let being in the Sunshine State stop me from rockin' winter fashions. Loves it! Have a happy Tuesday, BGG!

K-Bear said...

Oooo I love turtleneck dresses even though they don't like me. Actually a couple of the ones you show might be doable since they aren't form fitting. I will definitely try one on hoping my hips don't look ridiculous. I'll take my son shopping with me cause he'll tell me the truth...the cold, hard truth!

Anonymous said...

I actually love the way turtle neck dresses look on other women, but I have been too nervous to try one myself. Maybe I'll give it a try this year. I like the cream one from old navy.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting about Turtleneck dresses! I am a turtlenecknista, however I don't I've worn a turle neck dress (though most turtlenecks do look like dresses on me because I'm so short LOL). I really like the Fashionista Brown Jersey Belt Turtleneck dress and the Adriana Papel Knit Turtleneck dress.

Kwana said...

I am nuts for this post. I love a t-neck and have quite a lot. But I don't have a dress. You've given me some shopping to do BG. Thanks!

Product Junkie Diva said...

I don't own a turtleneck dress but I need to get one. These dresses are very cute.
PJD

T said...

Fab post BGG!

However, as fabulous as these dresses are, I need folks to invest in gym memberships and spanx before putting them on. I might do a "Do You See What I See" on the misuse and abuse of turtleneck and sweater dresses.

@ pbw, I can tell you're not from somewhere cold. I can't function without my turtlenecks in the Chi!!!

Anonymous said...

I love turtlenecks in the Fall but have never considered a turtleneck dress – mostly because something so fitted over all my body (arms/booty/hips) I don’t think would be super flattering. But after seeing these dresses I’m really liking the ones that are a bit looser around the hips – the American Apparel one and Fashionista one in particular are pretty great!

---lmao at T's comment above.

Anonymous said...

a agree with pdw, love the sweater but not the necks.

MakeupByRenRen said...

i actually don't have any turtleneck dresses...i have a thing where i get hot if anything is on my neck, including my hair, lol.

lymariposa said...

All these dresses look adorable but I hate turtlenecks. I tug on my collar all day cause it feels too constricting ;o(

Karen said...

They look cute but I don't think they'd flatter my shape.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I'm actually wearing a turtleneck dress today...hence today's post! I must admit, it's a bit too tight around my hip/butt area, but it's cute. I have no idea why I bought an extra-small! Not very figure flattering...on me today, but I have others that are the right size. LOL

Calming Corners said...

I love these they are all so cute. Was just thinking I need some more dresses in my closet.

bored_eats said...

the purple and white one are gorgeous...hmmm...im short though..i cant really pull those off lol..maybe with boots?

Anonymous said...

nice post

beautylogicblog said...

lol, i was so in a rush to get the vs dress, i didn't even notice i had won. I love my bgg! thanks mama

Anonymous said...

I love all of them... and they look great with boots.

Soul Natural said...

I'm going to have to pay more attention and be on the look out for these dresses now! The turtleneck dresses you have featured are nice :-)

S.Chavis said...

I love how you chose items in every price range because this sister is definitely feeling the recession but thanks to these tips I don't have to look like it!! LMBO

Ms.Erika said...

Ohh I like all of them! I love sexy sweater dresses...

Anonymous said...

You can never go wrong with a sweater dress! I own tons! In every color shape and designs! Its my go-to outfit in the winter. Throw it on with sheer stockings and high boots or pumps. Effortless yet comfy and hot! Warm too for those chilly Chi-town winters!