Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Walking Tall

Yes, booties are the “it” footwear for the fall, but who can go the entire season without a good pair of tall boots too? I may not be a “shoe” person, but when it comes to boots I can’t get enough! Although recently I’ve put myself on a super strict budget so I won’t be able to go crazy this time around. Luckily, I’ve invested in a few quality pairs over the years that will get me through this season. Even though I won’t be buying any boots anytime soon, a girl can still look!

From leather flats, to slouchy suede stilettos, there’s always a boot that will complement your style! Check out these that are all under $150!

Have you bought a pair of boots for the fall/winter yet? Do you prefer flats or heels?


Victoria Secret Cuffed Stiletto Boots available at www.victoriassecret.com for $145


Cuffed Leather Flat Boots available at www.victoriassecret.com for $129


BCBG "Maisha" Boots available at www.piperlime.com for $140.50


Simply Vera by Vera Wang Tumbled Leather Boots available at www.kohls.com for $89


Rampage "Berylnn" Boots (synthetic materials) available at www.piperlime.com for $80


Camlin Leather Boots available at www.delias.com for $99.50


"Nina" Women's Rodeo Boots (synthetic materials) available at www.famousfootwear.com for $69.99


Slouchy Suede Foldover Boots available at www.urbanoutfitters.com for $88


Lace-up Leather Knee Boots available at www.victoriassecret.com for $148


Nine West "Cheryl" Leather Boots available at www.ninewest.com for $149

**By the way, K-Bear was randomly selected as the winner of the Flabuless shapewear! Congrats!

28 comments:

Phyllis Bourne said...

Gorgeous boots!

I usually don't do boots, but I recently bought my first pair in years.

Now I wish I'd waited for this post. These are much cuter than the ones I bought.

antithesis said...

i love tall boots! that's my favorite part about the cooler months. i'm looking for a brown flat boot. i know the shade i want but i havent really seen it in a style i like.

bored_eats said...

thanks for the comment on my blog! highly appreciated ^_^

those victoria secret boots are sooooooo cute!! i sometimes feel like im not allowed to wear boots only cause im short lol and i cant rock heels all that well...its something im actually trying to learn..im a flip flops and chucks kinda girl so im trying to break myself of that habit..but i do see some boots with a kind of a chunky heel...hmmmm...a must try!

Anonymous said...

oooh... pretty, fab boots! They are the reason why I love fall.

B said...

I loooove tall boots! I just spotted a pair that I KNOW I'm going to get at DSW. Only $60. I dig the Peter Pan flat ones too. Happy Hump Day, BGG!

K-Bear said...

BGG, I love a hot pair of boots. I want that leather lace up pair like right now! Now can you please explain to me why any grown woman would want a pair of flat boots? I just don't get that...seriously....unless they are your walk to work boots...but for pretty I say dump the flat boots completely!

Anonymous said...

You just read my mind!
I'm in the process of buying a pair boots.
Love BCBG thanks for the suggestion.

Wes said...

I love flat boots for work, and I love the heels for a night out on the town. Comfort is always key for me.

Kwana said...

All Very cute. I just got a new pair that I love. They had the nerve to open up a Nordstrom outlet by me. Le Sigh.

K-Bear said...

BGG, No Way! I won! OMG! I am so excited and honored! YAHOO! I can't wait to squeeze my arms in and I can't wait to tell you guys all about how flabuless I look! Oh, I think I might need to purchase a new outfit for my new undies! Thanks, BGG!

MakeupByRenRen said...

i love flat slouchy boots, so comfy!

T said...

Oh, the drool I had to get off the side of my face after looking at these boots. I love shoes AND boots. I'm absolutely in love with the flat tall boot. Sexy, without the 3 or 4 inch heel pain.

Yes, DSW is calling my name. Chase, however, is screaming NOOOOOO, so I may just have to put new boots on my Christmas list. :)

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

@K-Bear - Flat boots are sooo in!! I love them! You can wear them with your jeans tucked in for a laid-back casual look. As much as I walk in NYC, flat boots are a must-have! Give it a try! You might be surprised. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love stiletto boots! I have the closet to show for it! I'm not a fan of flats. I recently bought my first pair of flats. Of course, I wear sneakers! I'm a little height challenged so I always tend to buy things that make me look tall.

Karen said...

Oh my! All those boots look so cute.

CHA CHA said...

Ooh I am so digging the Ninas...I likes!

Product Junkie Diva said...

I guess it's pretty bad when you know just by looking who sells the boots you posted..lol
PJD

Anonymous said...

I like the Victoria's Secret stiletto boots, though I like smaller heels. Does anyone have any suggestions for a short girl (4'11) some brands that have pricey pairs of boots $60 and under?

T said...

P.S. The book came today. YAY and Thank You!

Anonymous said...

my wife loves the fall & winter because she gets to wear her boots

GFS said...

Thank you for this post! I have been on the hunt for the perfect boot for the past three years...I don't think they exist but I will keep buying until I get it right!

Soul Natural said...

I have to go with the Victoria Secret boots, they are hot!

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

@T - So glad you received it! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ooh la la, those boots at Urban Outfitters are a must have!

lymariposa said...

LOOOOVE the Vera Wang boots! I'm even more in love with the pricetag!

Anonymous said...

i have the nine west cheryl boot you have posted. bought it last year in black - it's a great boot. you can make it more/less scrunchy depending on how you feel. plus, the inside lining at the top is suede - so you can fold the top over for a different look. nice selection!

Eb the Celeb said...

love the bcbg's

Anonymous said...

I love those Victoria Secret's boots. In fact, I love just about any pair of tall boots with skinny heels. Unfortunately, I'm often too scared to wear them in the icy slick winter months in the Chi.